Sunday, July 25, 2010

Catching up

I don't really think it's actually possible to catch up on everything..but I'll try to touch on things from past posts at least.

Baby front - we're still not pregnant :(  Perhaps that is really why I've slowed down with the posting...that and knowing that it's really for me, the writing and posting, not one else really gives a shit and well, if I'm busy or unmotivated, no one will care, but me.  We've tried a total of 4 times now, once with the donor from the sperm bank and three times with G, who we've taken to calling Baby Daddy.  Jillian is bleeding now, so in a couple of weeks we'll be trying again.  We are really thankful that Baby Daddy is eager and willing and patient....it helps.  I've almost gotten to a place now that I'm not thinking about it too much...kind a in a wait til it happens, then I'll get excited mode.

Garden - after all the rain and our crazy mouse problem I finally was able to plant a few things in the raised beds outside on Summer Solstice, June 22nd.  We been able to harvest a few green beans, peas, lettuce, cilantro, parsley and strawberries....but to tell the truth, I don't think incorporated enough good stuff, compost, into the used soil I filled the beds with before I planted and now, the garden is looking a bit weak....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment