Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mom Update

I cried myself to sleep the other night....it just breaks my heart to think of her alone, with all that chaos and newness, confused and scared, sleeping truly alone in a bed for the first time in at least 40 years.  It must be awful for her.  I have a hard time not thinking about it, especially in the evenings.

Jillian is great....she is supporting me, letting me cry, even encouraging it, holding me, kissing me gently, rubbing my head.  I'm a very lucky lady.

I spoke with Aunt Bonnie last night.  She went to visit Mom both Tuesday and Wednesday.  They have moved her over one room, the monitor they put on her kept going off because her other room was so close to the front door.  Apparently she woke up the first night and didn't know where she was, duh, and started to wander around, looking for the bathroom, I'd guess.  Anyway now they have an alarm on her so they can make sure she doesn't get lost.

Bonnie got called into the office when she was there on Wednesday, one of the office folks was filling out paperwork and had not been able to get all the answers from Mom.  She didn't know where she had come from, or where she was for that matter.  She also didn't know she had children.  Does that mean I'm off the hook?

No comments:

Post a Comment