Sunday, February 7, 2010

Consider the Sparrow


So, I'm sad to say that I have to change the art in my blog header.  I was using a piece by John Wesa, but as you can see from our email exchange posted below, I was not able to get permission to use it, bummer!
I guess I'll use this opportunity to highlight photos I took, or in the current case, ones that my former husband or other friends took.




Jennefer White

 to wesa1

Hello,
I've been a fan of your art for years, I just love it!  I am in the process of starting a blog, nothing too exciting just a journal really, a place to gather my thoughts and life stories.  When I was looking around in my folder titled 'pix from the net' for a picture to use in my header, I came across one of yours, one of the many, I've saved.  I was hoping to get permission to use Consider the Sparrow as my blog header.  I would, of course, give proper credit to you and provide a link to your website.   Would look something like this: http://humboldtjen.blogspot.com/ [of course that's changed now)

Hope you have a great day, I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
jen

Two days later, I heard back from John....


Wesa to me


Dear Jennefer,
Thank you for the compliment.  It is humbling.  Also, thank you for asking for permission to use Consider the Sparrow.  Unfortunately, I will need to ask you to not use it.  I have some plans for that image and at this time I only want the exposure of it on my website.
I hope your blog is what you hope to give and get out of it.
Again, thank you for your kind words.
John Wesa




~I could go on, I probably shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment