Thursday, February 4, 2010

Passion

Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you have never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Anonymous

I like to think I'm passionate...not necessarily in the romance department, but I am passionate about many things. So many in fact that, it's sometimes hard to focus.

According to Dr. Bob Maurer, someone whom I'm sure I'll write about at great lengths sometime in the future, passion is the ability to sustain enthusiasm and commitment in times of adversity. So with that in mind, here is my list of things I think I'm passionate about:
First time motherhood, Jillian, cooking and baking (although decidedly not cleaning), Indigo and Bacon, the dog and the food, Humboldt Impropriety Society and all that entails, gardening/urban homesteading, genealogy, traveling, and work at Lost Coast Communications.
These topics are sure to come up in this blog...along with a few that I'm not so passionate about, but, hey, I can't be passionate about everything in life. I'm sure you'll be privy to my homeowner joys and repairs, read about my dealing with family members, maybe you'll share a little envy with me as I wish upon a gadget or two for the kitchen or my office or my yard.

When I asked Jillian, someone who has known me since Fall 2006, what she thought I'm passionate about, her face light up with a smile and she said, "life". Life. I do think of myself as a take action, why not, type of gal; one to forgive fast, with a quick smile and an optimistic look at life and the future. It's out of my control, so I might as well enjoy the ride....with a little push from me in the direction of my passions.

Because of this attitude, I think, I have quite the history of adventures! Although truly a Northern California girl, I've lived in New Orleans, New Zealand, and Hawaii; I've worked on exotic cruise ships and in the majestic Yosemite Valley, as well as dingy dive bars and questionable dinners; I've hiked the Lost Coast Trail solo and taken more than one girlfriend camping for the first time, I've slept in my car, camped out in an abandoned, burned out warehouse, and enjoyed the luxury of a king sized bed in a 4-star Mexican resort. I've got two former husbands and would probably have a former wife, if that were legal, not to mention the many girlfriends, boyfriends and quick fucks I've enjoyed. I've got a lot of stories...and I'd like to share them. Whether they are read or not, at least this way, they'll get written down.

Ok then, basically, this is going to be a place for me to gather my thoughts, share my daily joys and lessons and tell the tales of my adventurous past. My spelling sucks and grammar isn't much better, so we'll see how this goes. enjoy.

~I could go on, I probably shouldn't.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Jen. Please go on; sounds interesting. And fcuk spelling, anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete