Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Waiting, Redding and birthday plans - again


Formatting was funny...trying again:

According to our calendars Jillian should have started her period last Friday....she is now 8 days late, and it's 3 weeks since we did the insemination.  She has taken 4 pregnancy tests, this morning the most recent, all negative.  We don't know what to think.  I do believe I"m handling it better than my dear Love who just either wants to start bleeding or get a positive test result.  I, of course, also want to know.  So out of our control right now.  We'll take another test next Wednesday if she still hasn't started.

Meanwhile, we're going to Redding on Monday to see Avenue Q, it ought to be a fun night! From the Redding Convention Center's webpage
Avenue Q is Broadway's 2004 Tony Award winner for Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book. A hilarious show full of heart and hummable tunes, Avenue Q is about surviving in NYC with big dreams and a tiny bank account. Called "one of the funniest shows you're ever likely to see" by Entertainment Weekly, Avenue Q features a cast of people and puppets who tell the story in a smart, risque and entertaining way. Contains adult subject matter.

I found us a nice hotel 10 miles south of Redding in Anderson, the Gaia Hotel and Spa, through Expedia.  It's new and looks like a nice place, eco-friendly and swans in the pond!  And I think we're going to have dinner at Moonstone Bistro out on Placer St. back in Redding, it's gotten some good reviews on Yelp.com.   But the hotel has a restaurant too, but not as well reviewed, so it'll depend on our timing on the drive over.  We'll go shopping at the outlet mall in Anderson, just south of the hotel, on Tuesday morning before we head home.  I need a few new clothes for work and we're hoping to find some good deals.  Depending on the weather and time, I'll drive back on 36...I sure love that drive.

Jillian came up with a great birthday trip for me :)  It's not til May 6th, but we've got to start planing and saving now. We're going to go to San Francisco and go to the California Academy of Science and maybe the Exploritorium...a total science geek fest, I LOVE it!  Knowing us we'll find a couple nice places for food and a cute place to stay.  Probably not at my sister's, but I'm sure we'll visit.

And for Jillian's birthday in June, we're going to have some sort of bacon fest...potluck, cook-off or some type of event where she/we get to eat bacon of all sorts.  Bacon as breakfast food, as a snack, in lunch sandwiches, part of dinner dishes and covered in chocolate for dessert....I'm excited to see what our friends come up with, there are some great cooks in the group!

~I could go on, I probably shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment